Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wild about Brain Age - Let the competition begin

Need something to do in the evenings at DevCon? How about a Brain Age battle? If you have a Nintendo DS, we can have a Brain Age competition with up to 16 players using a single game card. If you don't have a DS, I'll have mine - and other assorted gizmos to share with you.

Brain Age is predicated on the idea that your brain is a muscle that needs training like any other muscle. Everyone knows you can prevent muscle loss with exercise, and use such activities to improve your body over time. And the same could be said for your brain. The design of Brain Age is based on the premise that cognitive exercise can improve blood flow to the brain. All it takes is as little as a few minutes of play time a day. For everyone who spends all their play time at the gym working out the major muscle groups, don't forget - your brain is like a muscle, too. And it craves exercise.

The first time I tried the game - my brain age was a whopping 82. I am now in the 20s and holding steady. I haven't cracked all the games - and don't even get me started about the Sudoku section.

Wondering what I'm babbling about? Check out the website (www.brainage.com) or read the WSJ article (http://webreprints.djreprints.com/1447130730772.html).

If you have the game, I'd love to hear your comments - I'm off to buy "Big Brain Academy" and test drive it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home